Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Disaster


I was trying to make a new Youtube video for pumpkin pie, but it totally didn't work. So first you have to cut the pumpkin in half and cook in oven for about an hour. So I tried cutting the pumpkin, but it wouldn't cut. I even wacked the knife against the pumpkin several times, but it never cut. So I tried heating it up in the oven for about 20 minutes, and that worked. So I continued my video. I scraped all the pumpkin seeds and stuff out, then placed into the oven, and cooked it. After I took it out, it kind of looked different from the first time I cooked a pumpkin, and then I started scraping the insides and the texture was totally different. But I still continued with the crap of a pumpkin I had and placed it into my blender. After I blended it for about 30 seconds or so, the texture of the pumpkin didn't really change. So. I put the somewhat pureed pumpkin into a pot and heated it up for about 8 minutes. Then I blended it again, and it became pureed. Yay. I decided to taste it, and that's were the big issue came. It tasted horrendous. I tried adding some brown sugar, which helped, but I'm probably just gonna use some canned pumpkin by Libby's. I don't know why I didn't just start from the canned in the first place if I had known it was going to be so difficult. I spent like 2 hours trying to fix some pumpkin which turned out horrible, when I could have used canned pumpkin. Ugh...I was just trying to be healthy and baking a pumpkin pie totally from scratch. But scratch that idea, I'm just totally using the canned pumpkin. Tomorrow I'm going to finish baking the pumpkin pie with the canned pumpkin. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong tomorrow. Shoot...where's my pie pan?...

No comments:

Post a Comment